Process for Bookkeepers & Accountants
Overview of engagement process
Devanch has made outsourced bookkeeping task much simpler for bookkeepers and accountants.
It’s a multi layered process consisting of 7 straight forward steps
- Collection of documents from clients by bookkeepers and accountants
- Providing documents to us in an agreed manner and format
- Document scanning (if hard copies are sent to us)
- Data entry by our team of bookkeepers
- Review of work by qualified professionals
- Resolution of queries by 2-way communication
- Submission of deliverables
Step 1: It will be the responsibility of the bookkeepers and accountants to liaise with their clients for collection of all relevant documents that are required for bookkeeping. These documents may include one or more of the following
- Bank statements
- Credit/debit card statements
- Details of business expenses paid from personal account
- Purchase orders (if any)
- Delivery notes (if any)
- Owners contributions/withdrawals
- Any other relevant documents
Step 2: Each bookkeeper and its respective clients will be assigned a unique barcoded ID that will be used to segregate and arrange client’s documents before they are sent to us. The said documents will be provided to us at a predefined time interval depending on each client’s financial reporting requirements. The following mediums can be used to provide the documents:
- You can place client wise documents in cloud based storage medium as agreed (one drive or google drive), the access of which will be provided to you.
- You can courier the documents using the types of envelopes or boxes advised by us. Remember to segregate them using the bar-coded separators.
- You can email them to a dedicated email account setup for this purpose
Step 3: Where the hard copies of documents will be provided to us, we will perform some preliminary checks to make sure that these have been provided in an agreed format duly segregated using bar coded separators We will then send the documents to our commercial scanning facility. The scanned documents will be stored in the shared folders (One Drive or Google Drive). Both our team and our clients will have access to these scanned documents.
Step 4: The data entry will be done by our team of offshore bookkeepers using the scanned documents by logging into the accounting software of each individual client. The team will prepare a list of outstanding issues and any missing information to bring it to the attention of their supervisors/managers.
Step 5: The work of bookkeepers will be reviewed at 2 levels, one by the immediate supervisor followed by review of qualified managers to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the transactions. The list of outstanding issues and missing information will also be reviewed at this stage to see if any of those issues could be resolved by supervisors/managers before these are raised with the client.
Step 6: Any outstanding queries arising from step 4 & 5 will be communicated to client for resolution. Some queries will simply require clarifications whereas others may require provision of missing documents. This 2 way communication process will continue till the resolution of queries.
Step 7: We will update your client’s folder with reports, software backups and review notes once the bookkeeping work is completed and reviewed. We will also prepare any custom reports required by your clients. The cycle will be concluded with acceptance of deliverables by your client.
Contact us today to discuss your business requirements. We believe in transparent pricing with no hidden charges. We can tailor our services around your budget and operational requirements. We can work from your premises or offsite, whichever way suits you !
If you are an accountant or a bookkeeper yourself and want to know more on how we support accounting practices, read more here.
Contact us today to have an indepth understanding of our outsourced bookkeeping services.
Queensland: Brisbane, Cleveland, Logan City, Beenleigh, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast
New South Wales: Sydney, Paramatta, Bayside Council (Rockdale), Shellharbour